Monday, August 17, 2009

BOB UPDATE

I checked on Bob through out the night and gave him some Pedialyte but his attitude didn't seem good enough to take on food again. Just a lot of liquids. He is still a little dehydrated but it is getting a little better.

I must have gotten up 10 times with a flashlight to just peer into his cage to see if he was still breathing. A couple of times he started making grunting sounds and it just turned out to be him pooping. He hasn't had a ton of poop. Just a little and most of it is semi-runny.

I called the vet this morning and the receptionist said that it is $60 to have an examination and consultation. Then if the vet can figure out what's wrong, they will give me a quote and let me decide what to do.

My appointment is at 3:50 pm.

No matter what (almost), I will not put Bob down. I will feed him with a syringe for the rest of my life rather than put him down. The only time I will even consider this is if Bob starts whining and letting me know that he is in pain and is suffering.

Poor Bob. At least he made it through the night!

No comments: